The Turtle Tribe Bamboo Toothbrush All Ages Soft
SOFT bristles so gentle on gums and enamel
- Tapered floss tipped bristles for improved cleaning around gums
- Bamboo infused nylon bristles for extra durability
- Heat treated bamboo for better moisture resistance
- Food grade Waxed polished handle for smooth mouth feel
- Dentist designed smaller head for all ages and access to back teeth
- True zero waste packaging
Bamboo is the ultimate renewable resource
We use MOSO bamboo. MOSO bamboo requires no fertiliser or pesticides. It grows up to 1m per day, and is not the kind of bamboo eaten by pandas, so is considered “panda friendly”.
Bamboo is naturally anti-microbial
Though be sure to air-dry your toothbrush after use, and do not stand in water, to avoid your toothbrush going mouldy.
Bamboo toothbrushes biodegrade after you’re finished with them
Unlike the 3 billion plastic toothbrushes used every year around the world, that never break down.
THE STORY SO FAR BEHIND THE TURTLE TRIBE
Ned grew up camping on the ocean beach of Moreton Island National Park every year with his family, and saw first hand how isolated beaches have plastic debris washed up every day, including plastic toothbrushes.
When designing The Turtle Tribe’s bamboo toothbrush, Ned consulted with his awesome holistic dentist, Dr John Sotis of Gold Coast Holistic Dental Care. Dr John encouraged Ned to include features such as:
- A shorter head, making the brush suitable for all ages but also very good for accessing back teeth
- Tapered ‘floss-tipped’ bristles for best cleaning of the gum line
- Only soft bristles to be gentle on enamel
Gold Coast Holistic Dental Care became the first dental practice in Australia to provide The Turtle Tribe bamboo toothbrushes for their patients instead of plastic ones, showing great leadership in their industry!
In November 2018 a mentor suggested The Turtle Tribe enter the global ‘Be the Change’ Awards for the Social Impact sector.
At the awards ceremony in London in April 2019, The Turtle Tribe was announced as the winner of the Be the Change Awards ‘Changemaker of the Year’, a true honour!