Produced from Brown Seed and is grown by a farmer who has achieved full organic certification. This oil is a rich nutty natural linseed flavour, usually slightly bolder than that of Golden Oil.
Flaxseed Oil is the richest source of omega 3 fatty acids with at least twice the amount of a good quality fish oil
Stoney Creek Organic Brown Flaxseed Oil can be consumed directly from a spoon or mixed in with a range of different foods.
Try our Stoney Creek Organic Brown Flaxseed Oil on the following:
- With your favourite cereal
- Make a salad dressing
- Add to a Banana Smoothie
- Pour over vegetables once served
- Add to Fresh Fruit
- Instead of butter and milk in mashed potatoes
Stoney Creek Organic Brown Flaxseed Oil is a valuable source of the healthy omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids. The human body cannot make the essential fatty acid omega 3 and therefore we must obtain this from a food source. Important Information about Flaxseed Products
Stoney Creek Organic Brown Flaxseed Oil and Flaxseed Meal are totally natural products containing no chemicals or preservatives. Flaxseed Oil and Flaxseed Meal are shipped in sealed metal containers to prevent heat, light and oxygen destroying the natural properties of Flaxseeds. Once opened, this product must be kept refrigerated at all times. As with all natural products without added preservative, once Stoney Creek Flaxseed Oil has been opened it should be consumed within approximately two months. If the oil is used after this time it may be rancid and therefore toxic to the system. If this occurs, the oil should be disposed of in an environmentally sensitive manner.
The Flax plant has been grown since recorded history and people all over the world and throughout the ages have praised the seeds it produces.
The taste - a pleasant, nutty flavour, is one reason and good nutrition is another. There are two different types of cultivated flax, L. usitatissimum, one grown for seed and the other for fibre. In Australia, it is the oilseed varieties which are mainly produced commercially. The seeds of flax are tiny, smooth and flat, and range in colour from a light gold to a reddish brown. They serve a variety of purposes, including oil production, baking and other food uses. The flaxseed has an oil content of over 40%, mostly unsaturated. In fact, over 70% of the fat content of flaxseed is polyunsaturated.
A unique feature of flaxseed is the high ratio of alpha-linolenic acid (an omega-3 fatty acid) to linoleic (omega-6 fatty acids), with flaxseed being the highest source of naturally occurring Omega 3 fatty acid known to man. This natural compound is essential for good health.Why take Flaxseed Oil instead of Fish Oil?
- Flaxseed Oil is a rich source of omega 3 fatty acids
- Fish oils do not have any omega 6 fatty acids
- Many sources of fish are now known to contain chemical contaminants
- Manufacture of oils in general is poor, including those manufacturing fish oils. Manufacture can permanently damage the polyunsaturated fatty acids resulting in trans fatty acids which are toxic to the body
- The cost of fish oils tends to be higher than Flaxseed Oil
- As a Bi-product of a fish meat production, fish oil must be highly refined and de-odorised before it is suitable for human consumption
- Flaxseed Oil naturally tastes deliciously nutty and is therefore not subjected to this refining process