A bronchial cough is due to inflammation of the mucous membranes lining the bronchial tubes, often caused by an infection, exposure to cold weather or may also be caused by breathing in environmental substances that irritate the bronchial tubes. When the bronchial tubes are irritated they secrete thick mucus which is also known as phlegm. As a result, coughing occurs as a natural reflex action, helping clear mucus congestion from the bronchial mucosa. A long-standing, painful, bronchial cough may be due to other underlying causes and should be evaluated by a qualified practitioner.
Each 20 mL liquid contains: Glycyrrhiza glabra (Liquorice) tincture from dry root and stolon 2 g, Thymus vulgaris (Thyme) tincture from dry flower and leaf 1 g, Plantago lanceolata (Plantain) tincture from dry herb
Bronchial Cough Relief is formulated from the herbs Liquorice, Thyme and Plantain.
Liquorice has been traditionally used in western herbal medicine to:
- relieve coughs and bronchial mucous congestion
- clear respiratory tract mucous and soothe irritated tissues
Thyme has been traditionally used in western herbal medicine to:
- relieve coughs / mild bronchial coughs
- relieve symptoms of mild upper respiratory tract infections
- clear respiratory tract mucous
Plantain supports healthy mucous membranes.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Adults only - take 20 mL of tincture three times daily between meals. Dosage may be mixed with 100 mL of water or juice and consumed immediately.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use.
If coughing and / or symptoms persist, seek the advice of a healthcare professional.
Use in children under 3 years is not recommended. Should only be used for children over 3 years on medical advice.
Do not use if pregnant, breastfeeding or if cap seal is broken. Contains alcohol (ethanol 40% v/v).
Liquorice Root naturally contains sugars (glucose and sucrose).
- Quickly absorbed (when compared to tablets or capsules).
- Made in Australia.
- Manufactured according to international harmonised standards for Good Manufacturing Practice for Medicinal Products.
- Listed on the Australian register of Therapeutic Goods as Hilde Hemmes' Herbals Bronchial Cough Relief Extract AUST L 335117.
- Shake well before use.
- No added: colour, flavour, caffeine, gluten or yeast..
- Suitable for vegans / vegetarians.