Baby Insect Repellent
Mosquito and Insect Repellent for Babies
When large amount of mosquitoes are on the attack of biting, it would be wise to wrap your baby in a huge breathable yet insect resistance shield. Moreover to add to your “Rescue Mission”, it is advisable to use insect repellent for babies that can bring relief to your little one from those monstrous insects and mosquitoes. It is essential to carefully apply mosquito repellent for babies because they have sensitive skin.
How Insect Repellent Works?
Insect Repellents are available in various forms such as liquids, sticks, creams, etc... The baby insect repellent can be easily applied to babies in the age group of 2 months and above. However, it is strictly prohibited for babies under this age bracket. But this does not mean that there is no solution for parents who want to protect their little ones from insect or mosquito bites. In such a scenario, they can utilize insect netting around their baby which will ensure a sound and healthy sleeping for their child.
The insect repellent formulations are usually placed in three main categories:
- DEET REPELLENT
- ESSENTIAL OIL REPELLENT
- PERMETHRIN AND PICARIDIN REPELLENT
The first and foremost priority of every parent is their child’s healthy life. DEET Repellent is best to kill insects and avoid bites. Moreover, it prevents and protects the baby from mosquitoes and insects for a time period of three to eight hours. Parents must apply this repellent once a day on their babies. Most importantly, one should not use DEET alongwith Sunscreen because it will result into overexposure and will reduce the effect of SPF (Sun Protection Formula).
Essential Oil Repellent:
The essential oil repellent is prepared by combining the natural and pure ingredients that are extracted from the plants. On applying this oil repellent, mosquitoes and insects will stay away from baby. Most importantly, parents must not apply this oil on their babies if he or she is aged below 2 months.
PERMETHRIN AND PICARIDIN Repellent:
Such chemicals though offer no protection against insects and bugs; this chemical repellent can only be applied on clothes preventing it from getting in contact with your baby’s skin. On the other hand PICARIDIN is colourless and odourless in nature.
Things that don’t work and need to be kept in mind:
Moreover, while applying this chemical, one should make sure not to soak the cloth entirely in it because this may result into skin problems and irritation.
What are the safety measures to follow while using these repellents?
- It is essential to spray these repellent in open areas, so that your child doesn’t breathe the harmful chemical in air.
- One should not spray these repellents near food items.
- DEET and other repellents should be applied to clothes, but not inside the clothing because it might cause skin irritation and burning sensation to your child.
- We must not spray these repellents on our child’s face, eyes, nose, ears, or mouth as this will lead to skin rash and other problems.
- Baby protection is always important.
- Never spray the product directly on your babies face.
- Take care of your child hygiene.
- Apply soap gently and wash their skin with water.
Sorry, there are no products matching your search